QUALITY CARE ~ QUALITY PLACEMENT
Below are important questions to review before submitting your application.
1. LEASING APPLICANTS -
- I live in a leased home/apartment/condo
- The letter/lease agreements notes any age, weight or breed restrictions.
2. VETERINARY INFORMATION -
- I currently or within the past five years own/owned a dog and I confirm the name and phone number on my application is the clinic that holds all of my dogs (living and deceased) most current veterinary information.
- All dogs and cats are neutered, vaccinated, and current on heartworm preventative.
- I have given my vet prior authorization to speak with you regarding my pets. I understand ADR will call my vet ONE TIME to verify information.
- If you are unable to obtain this information on the first call, I will be responsible for contacting my vet to have them fax (512-717-6383) proof my dog is current on Rabies/DHPP, heartworm preventative and is spay/neutered.
- I buy my dog’s heartworm medication "online" and I or my vet can provide proof.
3. FIRST TIME DOG OWNERS - This is my first time having a dog as an adult and I have researched and found a local vet to provide medical care for my dog.
4. ADOPTING A PUPPY UNDER 8 MONTHS OLD - I have a puppy plan in place and have plenty of extra time in my day to interact and train a puppy. Read more info here.
5. MY SCHEDULE allows me to go home immediately after work every day. I understand the importance of having quality AND quantity time for my dog.
6. MY HOME has a yard and it has a secure, well maintained fence (invisible fences are not acceptable).
If you answer NO to any applicable questions – STOP. We will be unable to process your application.
I have read all of the above questions and have answered YES to ALL that are applicable to me, my home, and pets.
NOTE TO COLLEGE STUDENTS - We do not adopt dogs to undergraduate students or to anyone who is not employed and cannot show financial ability to take care of a pet.
IMPORTANT: All questions with a red* on the application must be answered in order for the application to submit properly. If you do not get a confirmation page once submitting your application, this means that you did not answer a required question (even if the answer is N/A.)
GO TO THE ADOPTION APPLICATION (Will open in a new window on "ShelterManager.com")
It is the policy of Austin Dog Rescue to provide services to anyone without regard to race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, marital status, disability, or national origin. We process applications in the order they are received. However we reserve the right to make what we belive is the best possible match for the dog and their family.